Monday 18 June 2012

Metamorphosis.


I started my life on a tiny leaf, Completely dependent on others and unprepared to face the world in front of me. Everyone around me adored me and I grew up like most other children with love and support of my parents and sister. I began to see myself as a part of this huge family we have on earth. With the nourishment I got, I soon turned into a caterpillar. I believed I was the most colorful and vibrant of all caterpillars I saw around me. I began to develop interest in creativity and loved to gobble up all the knowledge I came across. I then found myself evolving into something completely new.

I soon began to come across things I'd never seen before. I never understood whether it was me or the world around me that underwent change as I grew up. I came across situations, some of which I could handle, some which I couldn't (Or at least alone).But I soon realized that ups and downs were a part of life inherited by everyone at birth. These situations twisted and turned me in all possible ways and sometimes I all I could do was cry. There were times that I doubted myself, broke down and lost faith in myself and God. Then I knew that antithetical to my professed beliefs, life wasn't as easy as I thought it is or it will be.

One day, when I thought I had enough, I went up to someone I respected a lot. I told her I regretted the mistakes I made in life and how I wished I could undo them. And the words she said to me are the reason that I am what I am today. She said, 'Remember who you are and know that you're here for a reason. Just believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.


These words really inspired me and since then, have been etched onto my mind. Now every time I doubt myself, I take a step back and laugh it off. I believe in myself now, much more than I did once upon a time. I've learnt that believing in myself is the only way I can do better, knowing and respecting my capabilities is the only way I can achieve much more than I aspire to. I remember these words every time I am in doubt. Since my sister told me this, I push myself to give in my all in every good deed. I am still in the stage of metamorphosis and I await the day when I'll grow up to be a beautiful butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment