Sunday 20 January 2013

Happy Never After?

I feel like a child. Enviously looking at another child, holding the largest, most colorful and most delicious looking candy I've ever seen. Well, I could obviously put it to better use than her. Than just staring at it and pretending to appreciate it. I can eat it, relish it, because I know what it's worth.

I feel crippled. Looking at people around me never appreciating what they have, knowing that people like me don't have what they do. If I could, I would do so many things. For myself, for others, for the world. Yet, they never realize the value of what they have.

Have you ever felt that way? When what you don't have, is a person. When you see someone else treat that person so horribly, and they're too blind and still hope they'll find their happiness with them? Have you ever wanted to tell that person, "No, stupid. It's me. I'm your 'Happy Ever After.' I'll treat you the way you need to be treated. I'll love you for who you are. I'll value you, I'll love you. I'll be everything you ever need."

They're obviously so much better off with you than with the person who takes them for granted. But when will they realize that? Will it be too late? You won't let it be too late. But you can't wait forever. Or can you? Because you deserve your 'Happy Ever After.' Or do you? And does it even exist?

Your possibilities of winning this war, are null. But you can't back down now, you've given in everything.
Your mind? Well, it's telling you to shut up and move on. To step into the real world.
But what about that fist-sized heart that always wins? It's telling you to still hope. To stay in the world of fairy-tales because 'Happy Ever Afters' do exist.The heart always wins. It keeps you hoping. And makes you stay in the world of fairy-tales a little longer (and longer), just to see what happens next. So you wait (and wait), with a broken spirit, a broken heart. That hopes that someone comes its way, and takes all the pain away.

---x---


I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain, there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you
Broken, Lifehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment