Friday 28 September 2012

Déjà vu.

I closed my eyes and the most vivid images crossed my mind. I was blinded by unforgettable and intense memories- few that made me smile, some that brought tears to my eyes and the others, made me shudder with horror. I couldn't understand why these memories were coming back to me. I tried to open my eyes, but somehow my eyelids became heavy and glued shut. I could not understand what was happening. Suddenly I couldn't feel myself anymore. All I can remember was that I fell with a loud thud.

I woke up to a peculiar music. I struggled a little and finally opened my eyes. I looked at my hands, they were scarred and so were my arms. I felt the strangest feeling of Déjà vu. I finally realised where I was and things slowly started to take shape. I was in a place I had sworn I would never go to again. I was in the cursed castle. I don't know what had taken me there. Wasn't the curse broken long ago? Wasn't I free? Painful surges of adrenaline twitched in my veins and I felt as though someone had pumped poison into my bloodstream.

Is this just a dream? Will I wake up from my sleep safe and secure with the ones I love? There was only one way to find out. I slowly pushed against the cold stone floor where I lay and with pain I lifted myself up. I glanced around and things looked the same way they looked 5 years ago. The satin violet curtains still eerily embellished the horrid windows and the grey stone floor still had the same strange shine. Each wall had two fire torches on the upper corners and the wooden door looked like it was locked up for a million years. I looked out of the window, but the night was pitch black. So I cautiously walked towards the door, crossing my heart and hoping she wasn't there.

But just as I opened the door, she gave me the wicked smile she always did. Adreana D'Ville. The name that made me scimper and shiver no matter where I was. The name that gave me goosebumps no matter in what context I heard it. The one person who could even make my sweetest memory the worst. She was standing right in front of me and all I wished to do was run. But my feet were fastened to the floor as if someone had used the most strongest adhesive in the world and glued my feet down to the cold stone. I was paralyzed.

No comments:

Post a Comment